There are two sealant in insulating glass production.
- The primary sealant-Butyl/PIB sealant.
- The secondary sealant-silicone,polysulfide.
So now we are talking about the primary sealant--butyl.
- Where should you spread the butyl onto the aluminum spacer? In the middle of the spacer bar side.
- What is the best volume for butyl spreading? usually 0.3g/m.
- The butyl sealant width before press: ≥3mm.
- The butyl sealant width and thickness after pressing. Width: 4-4.5mm. Thickness:0.3-0.5mm.
See the below picture for instruction.